Ensure that the THREAD is turned on and connected to the Fiber Optic Readout via one of it's Device ports.
1. Navigate to the Network Module
2. Press the button directly on a THREAD to add a Device to it. If your THREAD does not appear here, you may still need to Add Your THREAD as a Connection.
3. You may also add a device from the button in the Devices & Sensors Section
4. Begin by typing in "Roctest Fiber Optic Readout" and select the name once it autocompletes in the search box
5. Type in the Connect Code of the THREAD that the Device will be connected to. It will already be pre-filled if the button on the THREAD was used.
6. Next, select the THREAD communication port that the device is plugged into, Device 1 or 2.
7. Press to write the settings
sensemetrics will automatically detect the Readout connected and will bring in serial number, number of channels and model number.
The Channels on the readout will now need to be configured to the specific fiber optic sensor you are using. Click the "Edit Configuration" button under Mux Information.
If you have exited device configuration, click back into the Roctest Fiber optic readout by finding it in the Devices & Sensors list on the right hand side of Network. This will open the Device configuration settings.
Select the type of fiber optic sensor that is on each channel.
Click "Done" when finished and make sure to click "Save" to write the settings.
Once saved, the configured Fiber Optic sensors will populate beneath the Roctest Fiber Optic Readout Device and can be viewed by clicking the drop down arrow.
Additional calibration factors will need to be entered for most types of fiber optic sensors, see the Vibrating Wire article for details on how to add calibrations.
Please sign in to leave a comment.