At times within your project, a Thread may require a hard reset to resolve an issue with power or connectivity, if a standard power cycle does resolve the issue. Below are the steps necessary to do so, please note that there are slight differences between the Thread models we offer, we will cover these differences in this article.
Step 1: Unmount and Unplug the Thread
- It is very important to first retrieve the Thread from the vertical mount it resides on. Future steps covered in this article require the opening of the Thread lid, if this is done while the Thread is upright, the battery is likely to fall out and cause damage. sensemetrics considers damage caused by the battery falling out negligence and is not covered by warranty.
- Unplug all connections into the Thread. This includes any device input, network input, and power input cables.
Step 2: Remove the Thread Lid
- With the Thread laid down horizontally, untighten the screws fastening the lid until the lid can gently be removed.
Step 3: Disconnect the Internal Battery Within the Chassis
NOTE: Here we see the physical differences of Thread model. If your model Thread is not pictured, please contact Support for further assistance.
- Disconnect the internal battery from the junction found in the middle of the chassis.
- Disconnect the red & black cable coming from the battery.
Step 4: Drain Thread Power
- With the battery disconnected, repeatedly press the power button on the front of the Thread between 5-10 times.
- Let the Thread sit for 2 minutes
Step 5: Reconnect the Thread battery
- Based on the Thread model you are working with, reconnect the battery cables to their proper plug-in point.
- Observe LED behavior
- It is crucial to observe the LED behavior of the Thread after the battery is plugged in. If proper operation does not return, reporting the LED patterns (if any) to Support will allow us to troubleshoot further.
- Allow the Thread 2 minutes to fully boot up and connect, if you do not see a pulsing green LED please reach out to Support and we will further troubleshoot the issue.