Here, we will learn how to easily configure a device to your sensemetrics THREAD. To find out more about Devices and how they work within your network, see the Devices article.
Adding A Device
This section will cover how to configure a device on a sensemetrics THREAD. GeoMos and Spider connections will automatically bring in Devices.
1. Navigate to the Connectivity page.
2. Press the + button directly on a THREAD to add a Device to it.
3. You may also add a device from the + Device button in the Devices & Sensors Section.
4. Begin searching for your Device and select the Device you wish to add. Once a Device has been specified, details concerning that specific connection will appear.
5. Type in the Connect Code of the THREAD that the Device will be connected to.
6. Next, select the THREAD Device Port that will be used. On the front of the THREAD are two ports labeled DEVICE 1 and DEVICE 2. Select the respective port that the device is plugged into.
7. Press to write the settings
Congratulations, you have successfully added a Device! Sensors associated with this device will be automatically populated in the Sensor configuration tab. Visit the article to learn about adjustable sensor settings and possible additional configuration.
Modifying a Device
Each Device will have a set of generic settings that can be adjusted. To do this, click on the Device you wish to edit to bring up its details.
THREAD CONNECT CODE
This is the Connect code of the THREAD that this Device is connected to
THREAD DEVICE PORT
This is the Port that the Device is connected to on the THREAD. Only one device can be configured on a device port at once. To change the device configuration, the current device on that port needs to be deleted first.
This is the name given to the Device. This is populated automatically but can be changed.
Enter the coordinates of the Device to automatically place that Device in its correct location in Georeferenced Map profiles.
A user can add anything to this field. These notes will be associated with the Device which can then be used when filtering.
If any changes are made, click to write the settings.
1. Delete Device - Removes the selected device and all associated sensors (including all observations). Be aware that deleted observations CANNOT be recovered.
Note: Only owners of the device can delete said device.
2. Share Device - Shares the device and sensors with another user. For more information see the Sharing article.
3. Transfer Device and Sensors - Transfers the device and all associated sensors (including observations) to another THREAD on the selected device port.
4. Archive Device - Moves device and all associated sensors to a virtual "Archive Node". This saves the data and all configuration settings for later viewing.
Please sign in to leave a comment.