How to Add a Smart Relay
Ensure that the THREAD is turned on and connected to the Relay via one of its Device ports.
1. Navigate to the Connectivity module
2. Press the button directly on a THREAD to add a Device to it. If your THREAD does not appear here, you may still need to Add Your THREAD as a Connection.
3. You may also add a device from the button in the Devices & Sensors Section
4. Begin by typing in "Relay" and select the name once it autocompletes in the search box.
5. Type in the Connect Code of the THREAD that the Device will be connected to. It will already be pre-filled if the button on the THREAD was used.
6. Next, select the THREAD communication port that the device is plugged into, Device 1 or 2.
7. Select the Relay Logic that you wish to use. There are three options, API, Manual Override, and Pump Saver.
API - This is to be used when attempting to toggle a physical relay using the sensemetrics API.
Manual Override - This is used when manual or alert-based toggling of the relay is required.
Pump Saver - This to be used only when a flowmeter is connected to the other port of the THREAD that the relay is being added to. For more information on this tool visit the Pump Saver article.
8. No matter the Relay Logic selected, the Relay Type must also be specified; Normally Open or Normally Closed.
Normally Open - The relay defaults to being open and when the THREAD applies a voltage to the relay, the relay will close.
Normally Closed - The relay defaults to being closed and when the THREAD applies a voltage to the relay, the relay will open.
9. Press Save to write the settings.
Note: If Manual Override from Step 7 is selected, the user must specify a Relay State for the relay to start in, upon creation.
For Example, if a Normally Open relay is selected and the user wants the relay closed upon the creation of the relay, then the relay state should be specified as "closed".
Please sign in to leave a comment.