The SDE Integration API is the API used in device integrations on the sensemetrics THREAD to access convenient methods useful for performing device and sensor integrations. These methods execute on the THREAD and provide high-level access to various operations such as the following:
- powering the device with a voltage
- sending a modbus command
- setting a device property or sensor property
- sending an ascii or byte array command to a device
- setting a local device or local sensor property for stateful use-cases
- converting between binary/hex/float/int
- posting observations
When inside the SDE IDE editor, you can quickly access a listing of all available Integration API methods using the IDE autocompletion feature. You can access this by using the Option-Spacebar keyboard shortcut when your cursor is in the IDE.
See the attached reference manual below for a PDF of all the available methods.