In order to bring in data from Leica Spider, sensemetrics will establish a connection to the Spider Host computer. Once completed, all existing projects and data on the Spider Server will be available in sensemetrics.
sensemetrics integrates with Leica Spider in two distinct ways. sensemetrics can act as the connectivity segment of the whole Spider solution where the THREAD and cloud application connect the Leica instrument with the controlling Spider software.
If connectivity is already established between the instrument and Spider then sensemetrics can provide the data visualization and analytics software.
How it Works
When a Spider server is added it will be treated as a connection within the sensemetrics framework. Once established, all the processed GPS data from that particular Spider server will begin to upload onto your sensemetrics account.
Note: This connection will only show post-processed latitude and longitude data. If the Spider database is connected to GeoMoS for transformation to cartesian coordinates then the GeoMoS database should be added as well. Information on adding a GeoMoS connection can be found here.
Adding a Leica Spider Server
1. Go to the Connectivity Page and click the button.
2. Enter "Spider Server" in the Connection Lookup field.
3. Enter the TCP/IP Host of the Spider Server, this will be the external IP address of the Windows machine that's running Spider
4. Enter the TCP/IP Port of the Spider Server, default is 1433.
5. Click Save, the Spider Server will now be added to your organization.
Spider Server Settings
To make modifications to your Spider connection, click back into the Spider Connection from the Connections configuration page (see below).
Once in the configuration page, several fields can be modified.
1. The TCP/IP Host can be changed if the Spider server IP changes or if it was entered incorrectly to start.
2. The TCP/IP Port can be changed although this will be a very rare occurrence.
3. Here the name of the Spider connection can be modified.
4. Here users can modify the location of the Spider server. This will not affect the location of any of the AMTS or associated prisms.
5. Here users can add in notes related to the Spider connection.
6. Click to save the changes made to the Spider connection.