This article will cover the following topics on the Geokon Data Logger
- Adding a Geokon Data Logger to an Existing THREAD. This configures the THREAD to communicate directly with the Geokon DataLogger.
- MUX Configuration Specify the type of vibrating wire connected to each of the DataLogger's channels.
Adding a Geokon Data Logger
Ensure that the THREAD is turned on and connected to the Geokon via one of it's Device ports
1. Navigate to the Network Module
2. Press the button directly on a THREAD to add a Device to it.
3. You may also add a device from the +Add button in the Devices & Sensors Section
4. Begin by typing in "Geokon Data Logger" and select the name once it autocompletes
5. Type in the Connect Code of the THREAD that the Device will be connected to. It may already be prefilled if the button on the THREAD was used. If the desired Connect Code does not appear, you may still need to Add Your THREAD as a Connection.
6. Next, select the THREAD Communication Port that the device is plugged into, Device 1 or 2.
7. Press to write the settings
sensemetrics will automatically detect the Geokon Datalogger connected and will bring in serial number, number of channels and model number.
The Vibrating Wire Channels on the Datalogger will now need to be configured to the specific VW you are using. Click the "Edit Configuration" button under VW Mux Information.
If you have exited device configuration, click back into the Geokon Data logger by finding it in the device menu. This will open the Device configuration settings.
Select the type of vibrating wire that is on each channel and the suggested Frequency Sweep will be automatically filled in.
Click Done when finished and make sure to click save to write the settings.
Once saved, the configured Vibrating Wires will each show up in the sensor configuration tab and can be separately customized there. Additional calibration factors will need to be added for some, see the Vibrating Wire article for details.