Ensure that the THREAD is turned on and connected to the Device via one of it's Device ports
1. Navigate to the Network Module
2. Press the button directly on a THREAD to add a Device to it. If your THREAD does not appear here, you may still need to Add Your THREAD as a Connection.
3. You may also add a device from the button in the Devices & Sensors Section
4. Begin by typing in "Proxy" and select the name once it autocompletes in the search box
5. Type in the Connect Code of the THREAD that the Device will be connected to. It will already be pre-filled if the button on the THREAD was used.
6. Next, select the THREAD communication port that the device is plugged into, Device 1 or 2.
7. Then, select the Serial type of the Device. RS232 and RS485 are supported
8. Select the Baud Rate of the Device. This can be found in the Device manual
9. Choose to power the Device via the THREAD: 12V or 15V
10. Press to write the settings.
Connecting GeoMos via the Proxy
The two things you will need to connect through the Proxy are the Proxy Host Address and TCP Address. Now that the Proxy has been created, find it in Devices and open the Device Details by clicking on the Device name. Here you will find the TCP Port assigned to the Proxy.
In this example you will see that the Proxy TCP Address assigned is 42007.
The Host Address will be whatever you use to access your sensemetrics server. For example, sensemetrics cloud is at app.sensemetrics.com and a enterprise server will be the the IP Address assigned to the server.
Now that you have gathered this information, you are ready to connect via the Proxy. When setting up your AMTS in sensor manager, choose to set up the communication settings using Radio Link and a TCP/IP Connection. Enter the Host Address and TCP Port connecting you to your device.
These settings entered will allow GeoMoS to talk to the AMTS via the Proxy on the THREAD.
Connecting Device to THREAD
Information regarding THREAD Hardware and wiring can be found through the following links