Ensure that the THREAD is turned on and connected to the ShapeArray via one of it's Device ports
For information on how to install the ShapeArray, visit Measurand's SAA support page.
1. Navigate to the Network Module
2. Press the button directly on a THREAD to add a Device to it. If your THREAD does not appear here, you may still need to Add Your THREAD as a Connection.
3. You may also add a device from the button in the Devices & Sensors Section
4. Begin by typing in "SAA" and select the name once it autocompletes in the search box
5. Type in the Connect Code of the THREAD that the Device will be connected to. It will already be pre-filled if the button on the THREAD was used.
6. Next, select the THREAD communication port that the device is plugged into, Device 1 or 2.
7. Select the Mode. 3D is for vertical installation, 2D represents horizontal installation
8. Next, select the Fixed end of the SAA. Near sets the segment closest to the SAA cable as the fixed point and Far will set the SAA segment furthest away from the cable as the fixed end.
9. Press to write the settings. Your SAA should now connect to sensemetrics indicated by a green icon
Configuring the orientation of the ShapeArray will require the knowledge of how the ShapeArray was physically installed. The following will describe physical features on the ShapeArray to reference by.
When a Vertical ShapeArray is installed, the orientation of the "X Line" on the ShapeArray should be noted and measured relative to north.
X / Y
The X/Y Axis will always be fixed relative to the sensor. The "X Line" labeled on the ShapeArray will represent the X Axis. The Y Axis will be 90° counter clockwise to the X axis.
DEVICE AZIMUTH - Northing/Easting
The ShapeArray does not inherently know North/East. In order for North/East to be correctly represented, you will need to specify the Device azimuth. This is done by measuring the angle from North to the Y Axis in a clockwise direction.
Reference Indicator - The "Y Axis" is the sensors Reference Indicator (Shown above)
Specify the Device Azimuth to use Northing/Easting calculations
STRUCTURE AZIMUTH - Transverse/Longitudinal
This field will allow you to orient the Transverse/Longitudinal Axis in any desired direction. It is useful for finding movement in the direction of a specific structure or any point of reference. See the Structure Azimuth Section on instructions on how to properly set it up.
Specify the Structure Azimuth to use Transverse/Longitudinal calculations
REFERENCE DATE - ∆
The reference date will specify the first date used when calculating delta metrics indicated with the ∆
Specify the Reference date to use any ∆ Delta calculations
Note: If no reference date is chosen, delta calculations will automatically use the first data point in your time range selected as the reference date.