Ensure that the THREAD is turned on and connected to the Tuff Tilt via one of it's Device ports
1. Navigate to the Network Module
2. Press the button directly on a THREAD to add a Device to it. If your THREAD does not appear here, you may still need to Add Your THREAD as a Connection.
3. You may also add a device from the button in the Devices & Sensors Section
4. Begin by typing in "Tuff Tilt" and select the name once it autocompletes in the search box
5. Type in the Connect Code of the THREAD that the Device will be connected to. It will already be pre-filled if the button on the THREAD was used.
6. Next, select the THREAD communication port that the device is plugged into, Device 1 or 2.
7. Press to write the settings. Your Tuff Tilt should now connect to sensemetrics indicated by a green icon
Once configured, the Tiltmeter sensor will populate beneath the TuffTilt Device and can be viewed by clicking the drop down arrow.
Click on any of the nested sensors to access the sensor configuration settings.
The X/Y Axis will always be fixed relative to the Tiltmeter. The Y+ Axis will follow the Longer side of the tiltmeter and the X the short.
Reference Date - ∆
The reference date will specify the first date used when calculating delta metrics indicated with the ∆
Specify the Reference date to use ∆ Delta calculations
Device Azimuth - Northing/Easting
The Tiltmeter does not inherently know North/East. In order for North/East to be correctly represented, you will need to specify the device azimuth. This is done by measuring the angle from North to the Reference indicator in a clockwise direction.
Reference Indicator - The Y Axis represents the sensors Reference Indicator (Shown below)
Specify the Sensor Azimuth to use Northing/Easting calculations
This field will allow you to orient the Transverse/Longitudinal Axis in any desired direction. It is useful for finding movement in the direction of a specific structure or any point of reference. See the Structure Azimuth Section on instructions on how to properly set it up.
Specify the Structure Azimuth to use Transverse/Longitudinal calculations
Enter the length of the structure you wish to extrapolate tilt over to calculate a displacement at to top. This will use trig calculations with the Tilt X/Y angles to create a X/Y Vector at the top of the structure.
Specify the Structure Height to use X/Y calculations and allow vectors in Map View.